Thursday, October 20, 2011

Good Morning Vietnam!

Oh my!  I have a confession to make, so let's get this started!  I did not, I repeat DID NOT clean my kitchen last night!  I get so frustrated with myself when I do that, but still it happens about once a week!  On those occasions,  I get a vision of a world war having taken place in my kitchen!  What was I thinking?

I must repeat my mantra. . . . "It is what is is" and move on.  I did it, now it's time to accept it and pay the price!



So, how about fashion this morning?  Don't I look amazing??  I have to laugh at myself since my first official day of blogging has me with a half destroyed home, freezing cold weather (which means below 50 for us Floridians!!), and not the most fashionable outfit.  I thought about it long and hard last night, for about three minutes, and ultimately decided this would be just the right outfit for today.  I'm dressed enough so that when the bug man gets here for our monthly treatment (let me mention Florida again - we are a buggy state!) I won't be embarassed, but not so dressed that a toilet will seem intimidating.

Here's my tip for the day, well let's make it two tips!

1. Clean your kitchen before you go to bed at night.  It makes for a happier mommy in the morning!

2. Be sure to get dressed each morning as if someone might ring the door.   Don't put so much pressure on yourself that you must be fabulous, but do put enough pride in yourself that you won't be humiliated if you're caught unaware. 

Today I chose a favorite pair of comfy jeans, a thin somewhat fitted button up top, and my favorite gray Tom's.  The denim jacket and charcoal scarf were for the chill while driving the kids to school.  The funny Target hat was to hide the bedhead and lack of makeup! 




Now it's your turn.  What is your favorite super casual day outfit?  AND  If you could give every mom in the world one nugget of advice about her house, what would it be?  If you've enjoyed my writing, please drop me a line, answer a question, and pass it on to a friend.  I'm excited to see how my first attempt at blogging goes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment