Saturday, October 22, 2011

It Feels Like Fall, Finally!

     This morning I woke up to the sound of little boy laughter.  Sounds of them getting their own breakfasts and watching Saturday morning cartoons.  Doesn't that sound awesome?  In truth, if it weren't so LOUD and had I not heard the words, "Shut Up!" and "Move it, Jerk!" it really would have been.  On the other hand, I could hear that in fact all four of them were alive and after all, that's what all the really good mom's hope for!  

     That said, the sun was shining and I knew it as supposed to be slightly cooler weather, down into the mid 70's if luck was with us.  My husband came into the room and actually said, "Good morning, sunshine!"  Loosely interpreted, that means, "Um, will you please wake up and see what you can do with these guys?  They're really going nuts and I'm hoping by using sweet words, you'll open your eyes, smile at me, and take over."  I know that's a lot, but I've found men use as few words as possible!  So, I opened my eyes, smiled, and said, "Sure!"

     We ended up deciding to bask in the "Fall-iness" because that's a word, I'm sure of it! We went to the pumpkin patch, which in the sunny state of Florida is actually a bunch of pumpkins on the side of the road usually for sale by local organizations.  We chose the one our church does, because it is the best by far!!  We chose our pumpkins, took a few pictures, and tried not to sweat in our long sleeves.    You can tell below that my husband took them because they either make no sense at all, or someone's head (as always, mine!) is cut off!  

 This is me saying, "Don't get that dumpster in the picture.  I forgot to tell him not to get my backside, apparently!

Look ma! No head!
 










After the pumpkins were chosen, we ran to the Goodwill because I just couldn't bring myself to buy clothes for a scarecrow at Dillard's.  The boys picked out a green and red flannel shirt and a pair of really crazy women's overall's.  I found a black suede skirt that I have all intentions of cutting off and wearing with cute tights and boots! I have a bit more sewing to do for Halloween anyhow, so what the heck! For $5 I almost can't go wrong! 

What is your favorite part of fall?  What does your family like to do when the weather starts to turn cold?  



1 comment: